Many academic and behavior issues have at their core the incomplete progression of childhood reflexes. These reflexes should each develop in the childʼs system, become fully integrated and useful as a neural pattern, and then “inhibit,” or fall away, so the use of the pattern can be a choice, rather than an inevitable reaction.
Touch and proprioception are important organizers of the visual aspects of learning. Vision is a very complex phenomenon, with only a small percentage (less than 10%) of the process occurring in the eyes. The other more than 90% of vision takes place in the brain from association with touch and proprioception.
There are several models of perception or intelligence, which are similar to Edu-K’s Visioncircles model. Each of these describes experience in terms of areas in which we function or interact with others. One may emphasize vision and other senses (Skeffington’s model), another the focusing of attention (Stanislavski’s model), and still another, aspects of intelligence (Gardner’s model).
Your ancestors' lousy childhoods or excellent adventures might change your personality, bequeathing anxiety or resilience by altering the epigenetic expressions of genes in the brain.